Avid Entertainment Wedding DJ Pricing
Why do prices for wedding DJs vary?
There are several factors that go into a wedding DJ’s price:
- The first factor is experience. The role of a wedding DJ is much more involved than many people realize and goes far beyond just playing music. A wedding DJ coordinates your entire reception. They not only work with the bride and groom, but all of the vendors as well to make sure each event (introductions, toasts, cake cutting, parent dances, garter and bouquet toss, etc.) at the reception takes place at the appropriate time, with the appropriate people in the room. Wouldn’t it be awful if your parent dances took place while the photographer was out capturing the gorgeous sunset? Talking to the photographer to make sure he/she is prepared for these once in a lifetime moments is just one of the many responsibilities of a wedding DJ. Handling these responsibilities at a wedding takes experience, and the more experience the better to ensure that your reception flows seamlessly.
- The second factor is equipment. Anyone can pick up DJ equipment for a few hundred dollars and claim they are a DJ. Besides experience, a great wedding DJ should carry professional, top of the line equipment. Your wedding will be the most important day of your life thus far, and you want to guarantee that the person/s running the show will have a system that is not only professional looking with a clean set up (not over the top flashy, cords tucked in and taped down, etc.) but that will be able to pump out crisp sounding music that will reach every corner of your reception room.
- The third factor is redundancy. DJ’ing a wedding is a live show. We are working with technology and as we all know technology can fail us at any point. If a piece of equipment should fail at a wedding, you want to make sure that your wedding DJ has backup equipment that can be ready to go within minutes. This equipment is costly to purchase and maintain, but is vital for any wedding DJ to carry. Avid Entertainment’s DJs carry enough back up equipment to ensure that if there is power, there will be music!
How much should you spend on a wedding DJ?
A wedding DJ can make or break your reception. Because of this, you want to guarantee that the person you hire fits the personality you are looking for, will perform at your wedding the way you want, will spend the time with you to ensure your plans are laid out perfectly before your big day, is professional, well experienced and maintains top of the line equipment. These qualities make a great wedding DJ, which will result in a fabulous party. (Check out Interviewing a Wedding DJ for tips on hiring a wedding DJ). For a great DJ, it is recommended that 10-15% of your wedding budget is spent on entertainment.
Your Investment Includes:
- 5 hours of music
- Professional emceeing
- Tasteful dance floor lights
- Professional, top of the line equipment including wireless microphone
- Backup equipment
- Planning guides and resources
- In person pre-wedding planning session